Frequently Asked Questions
General questions about admissions can be answered on the Graduate School site.
- How do I apply to the Biological Sciences Program and select a Concentration Area?
- When is the deadline for applications?
- Do I need a Master’s degree to be considered?
- Does the Biological Sciences program offer a Master's degree?
- Is the GRE subject test in Biology required?
- What are the minimum GRE scores required for admission?
- What are the minimum scores required for the TOEFL or IELTS exams?
- Do all admitted students receive financial support?
- How do I apply for a fellowship?
- Should I contact faculty members whose research areas interest me and whose labs I might like to join?
- Does the Biological Sciences program interview applicants or sponsor visits to campus?
- When will BISI admissions decisions be announced?
- How do I check the status of my application?
- Where do I send my transcripts?
- How long are the rotations?
- Do I have to do 3 rotations?
- Are rotations available to BEES students?
- How do I choose a rotation lab?
- What should I expect to do during rotations?
- What if I'd like to rotate off campus?
- How do I register and when is registration?
- I am a first year student, when do I register?
- What courses do I need to take?
- Do I need to be enrolled full time?
- Are there special requirements for international students?
- How do I register early if I need proof of registration for my I-20 or visa?
- Which research course should I take?
- What section of BISI 898 do I need to take?
- How do I register for BISI 899?
- How do I know if the Registrar has enrolled me in BISI 899?
- What are the deadlines for registration, drop/add, and withdrawal?
- What happens if I forget to register?
- What do I do if there is a hold on my account and I cannot register?
- Do I have to register in the summer or winter terms?