Spring Career Panel: Jobs in Education
This seminar/panel discussion focused on jobs in academia, excluding positions at large research institutions. Students attending the panel got valuable information about getting a tenure track positions at liberal arts colleges, positions focused on STEM education, positions at private schools, and instructional positions at large universities.
The panel included:
- Mr. Art DeJohn, Math & Science Teacher at Holton-Arms School
- Dr. Bonnie Dixon, Senior Lecturer in the Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry at the University of Maryland
- Dr. Abby Kula (BEES alumnae), Assistant Professor at Mount St. Mary's University
- Dr. Marcia Shofner, Lecturer in the Department of Entomology at the University of Maryland
- Dr. Ernest Steele, Associate Professor at Morgan State University
- Dr. Martín Zysmilich, Associate Professor of Chem Education at the George Washington University
Students were able to query the panel as a whole and then meet in smaller groups with the panelists.