Booking Airline/Train Travel
- Use the University of Maryland Travel Agency: Globetrotter Travel (1-800-322-7032)
- Press "1" to reach an agent
- Globetrotter will need the following:
- Reservation is in the Small Meetings Book under University of Maryland, BISI Recruitment
- Trip number: 739396
- All travel MUST be booked by January 27
- We will provide ground transportation from the airport/train station (either via a current graduate student or shared van).
- Ground transportation specifics will be provided approximately 1 week prior to your arrival.
Driving to College Park
- Mileage will be reimbursed at the federal rate of $0.56/mile
On February 18th: If you arrive after 4 p.m. you may park in section B or section 5 of the Regents Drive Garage. If you arrive on campus before 4 p.m. please follow the instructions below and park in the visitor spaces.
On February 19th: Please park in the visitor spaces of the Regents Drive Garage. Pay attention to your space number, you will need it. There are centrally located pay stations near the elevator where you need to enter the validation code below.
- Upon approach to the machine press any key
- Enter your vehicle space number
- Choose Option 1 for new parking
- Follow the prompts to select more than 5 hours and then choose 1 day.
- The screen will prompt you for your validation number, enter 112 30 513 and press OK, please print a receipt to bring to the BISI office.
- We will make all hotel reservations at the Marriott Inn and Conference Center on campus.
- You will receive a hotel confirmation approximately 1 week prior to your arrival
- Parking at the hotel garage is free.
- If you have difficulty checking in or out, please contact either Gwen (301-405-6905) or Dr. Brooks (301-405-3273).
- Save ALL receipts for any expenses that you incur during your travel.
- Receipts must be original and itemized
- We cannot reimburse you for alcohol purchases
- Reimbursements can take up to 6 weeks to process
Wednesday, February 18
5 p.m. - 7 p.m. Short Presentations and Dinner with students and faculty, 1103 Bioscience Research Building
(Casual dress, dinner provided)
Thursday, February 19
(Business casual attire)
- 8:45 a.m.: Arrive on campus - Morning meetings are in 3101 Bioscience Research Building (BRB)
- 9 a.m. : Breakfast, meet the BISI staff
- ~10:00- 12 noon: Individual meetings with faculty
- 12 - 1:30 p.m.: Lunch with graduate students and faculty
- 1:00p.m.: Optional campus tour
- 1:30 - 3:30 p.m.: Individual meetings with faculty
- 3:30-4:30 p.m.: Graduate student panel
- 6:30 p.m. : Dinner with graduate students at a local brew pub
Friday, February 20
Check out. Ground transportation to airport/train station will be provided.