Professional Development Courses & Workshops
The TLTC, in conjunction with the Graduate School, provides graduate students with professional development opportunities in the areas of teaching and learning in higher education.
The University Teaching & Learning Program provides graduate students (and post docs) with formal training in higher education. Graduate students in BISI can apply to become Graduate Teaching Fellows through this program. Teaching as an international student can present its own problems, so the TLTC created the International Teaching Fellows program.
- Bayesian Inference for Surveys (Sept. 12-13, 2016)
- Facilitators: Roderick Little (University of Michigan) & Trivellore E. Raghunathan (University of Michigan)
- Location: College Park Marriott and Conference Center
- Issues in Data Science: Unpacking "Big Data" (February 7, 2017)
- Facilitator: Cliffe Lampe
- Location: Bureau of Labor Statistics Conference Center, Washington DC
- SESYNC (Socio-Environmental Synthesis Center) offers a series of short courses and workshops on Bayesian modeling as well as a computational summer institute in Annapolis. See the linked website for updates for 2016.
- Practical Genomics: From Biology to Biostatistics Workshop (August 15-18, 2016)
- Location: Johns Hopkins University
- Crash course in Unix and R available August 15.